There are just so many benefits of using a gratitude journal that I can’t possibly mention them all in one go.
I love learning about new research that shows how gratitude can do this or that BUT as with any research, it always sits much better with me if I know personally, or know of someone who can vouch for it personally as well.
This is the reason why I love teaching people about the amazing benefits you can gain by practising gratitude, and why I try and get parents to teach their kids to use gratitude and for schools to implement gratitude as part of their day… because it is JUST SO GOOD!
Here are just some of the AMAZING PERSONAL BENEFITS OF GRATITUDE that are coming out in the research:
- Improved sleep – and the many flow-on effects if you are getting good sleep
- Improved immunity – meaning you are less likely to get sick
- You tend to exercise more
- Increased energy
- You tend to eat better
- Less materialistic
- Kinder to yourself, to others and the environment
- More friendships and social connections
- Increased self-esteem
- Deeper relationships which a lot of research suggests helps us live happier and longer lives
- More resilient
- Less stressed and more relaxed
- Happier and healthier marriages
- More positive feelings
- Happier memories
- More optimistic
- Less envious
- Helps you see the good and focus on what really matters
- You feel happier
- It makes more people like us because we are nicer, more trusting and more appreciative.
- Makes you a more effective manager
- Increases your productivity
- Can curb depression and anxiety
There are so many studies that you can find to back up this list! All you have to do is Google it! You can also read more —> HERE.
Plus click on our graphic below for a more detailed snap shot.
Here at AwesoME Inc, we firmly believe in the power of spending time identifying and writing down things we are grateful for in the form of a gratitude journal. By taking the time and energy to identify and write down our thoughts we hard-wire them into our brains, making them that much more powerful.
Click on a button below to view our range of gratitude journals:Gratitude Journals for Adults Gratitude Journals for Children
Read more about How Gratitude Transformed My Life —> HERE.