Take back control of big emotions with this simple technique
Children can learn to take back control when the feel scared, angry, anxious or overwhelmed by learning how to deep belly breathe.
This listing is for an A3 digital (PDF) file (1 page). Can also be scaled down to A4 for easy printing at home.
An extract from our Resilient ME Gratitude Journal for Kids.
For individual use only. Not for resale.
One of the super easy and effective tools from the Resilient ME Gratitude Journal for Kids.
How does it work?
Deep belly breathing, or diaphragmatic breathing, is one of the easiest resilience building tools out there. When you are stressed or anxious you feel it physically – your heartrate increases, your breathing gets faster, your muscles tense up and adrenaline is produced. This is your sympathetic nervous system activating, the aim of which is to keep you safe.
Concentrating on your breathing allows you take back control of the sympathetic nervous system, which in turn will help you calm down, slow down your heart rate and help you to shift out of a stressful, emotional state.
You may also like…
- **Gratitude Journals**, For the Kids, Gratitude Journals - Youth, Mini Gratitude JournalsRated 4.00 out of 5$16.19
- **Gratitude Journals**, For the Kids, Gratitude Journals - Youth, Mini Gratitude Journals, Te Reo Māori$16.19
- Digital Download, For the Kids, Printables (Digital Download), Prints & Postcards, USA & UK Products$13.46
- Bundles, For the Kids, Gratitude Journals - Youth$23.61
- **Gratitude Journals**, Gratitude Journals - Adults$22.26