Portland School in Whangarei are using AwesoME Inc® guided journals as part of their daily programme and have seen many positive side effects for their students.
“It has been heart warming for me to see the evolution of the things they identify. It started with friends and school. Now they are saying things like, my mum making my bed and cleaning my clothes, my warm home and loving family.”
Senior Class Teacher, Portland School
This could be your school… and it won’t cost an arm and a leg.
We want to help.
Our kids are experiencing ANXIETY, ANGER, SELF-ESTEEM ISSUES and other BIG EMOTIONS they don’t know how to deal with.
Parents and teachers are more aware than ever of the importance of emotional wellbeing and raising resilient kids.
As a parent of two pre-teen boys, and a family history of mental illness, I wanted to create a product to help my kids learn the essential skills to deal with life’s ups and downs.
A simple but powerful solution!
The Resilient ME® Gratitude Journal for Kids — a before-crisis guided journal that is full of tools and fun activities designed to improve mental fitness and wellbeing.
Ask us about customising wellbeing journals with YOUR SCHOOL brand.
Gratitude and resilience journals for kids (ages 5-12) and teens (13+).
Pictured – ‘Dare to Dream’ custom designed journal for Waihi School in South Canterbury.
“This should be funded into the hands of every primary school aged child in New Zealand.”
“Teaching kids how to look after their mental health and about resilience is as important as teaching them how to swim, or read and write.”
Stay focused. Keep Calm. Be positive.
Our guided journals help kids to understand that the big feelings they are having are normal, and teaches them simple ways to build resilience, stay calm and maintain a positive attitude.
Whilst the children might not entirely comprehend the tools, all based on the latest psychological research, they work! Presented in a fun and engaging way to create essential healthy habits, build meaningful connections and facilitate behaviour change to improve mental fitness. We can’t always stop our kids facing challenges but we can teach them the skills so these challenges don’t break them.
“Always use your journals as examples in my work.
Best I’ve ever come across.”
DR EMMA WOODWARD
The Child Psychology Service
By incorporating AwesoME Inc gratitude and resilience journals into your school programmes you are giving your students a jump start to more purposeful engagement in life, at a crucial time in their development, while also serving your educational mission to help your students flourish.
Every child deserves to have the best shot at developing a strong mindset to face life’s challenges. They really are capable of extraordinary things and childhood is the perfect time to develop resilience.
Our kids and teen journals are used by schools in NZ and Australia as part of existing programmes, with added workshops included or as gifts for leavers. Ask us about customisation.
“It actually makes me quite emotional because I think how resources like this could’ve helped me so much as a child. You should be super proud of the things you are doing to help our kids.”
AIMEE – Parent
“My Juniors love them!”
“It’s part of our bigger push for well-being.”
MELANIE – Teacher
Rangi Ruru Girls School
“I am stoked.”
“This is so powerful and a great tool to help raise resilient children. I wish it was something every student in NZ schools had too. Positive kids equal motivated kids!”
BECKY – Parent
Some Schools & Businesses We've Worked With
What Our Customers Say
- "I ABSOLUTELY love the gratitude journals and the vision that these two awesome ladies are trying to create in this world. I love the fact that these journals come for adults and children and that as parents we can instill the power of gratitude into their lives. These woman understand what I believe to be the missing link in manifesting greatness, and in these journals or any products which they have created you will find that part within yourself that brings it all into alignment. Thank you so much for the effort you have put into creating these journals, I really enjoying picking an affirmation and filling in the happiness meter. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine and look forward to writing in it everyday. It's really changed my life. Thank you soooooooooooooooo much."Melissa Mills [International Psychic Medium]
- "Really impressed with your wonderful service. I ordered and paid for my journal on Wednesday. It was delivered the next afternoon. I have just sat down and opened it up and it is stunning. I can not wait to start filling it in. I love that there are a selection of colouring pages too. I will definitely be ordering my next journal with you when this one is finished. I would highly recommended your company to others. Thank you :)"Kristy B
- "My Gratitude Journal arrived today and I love it! I have wanted one for a while and finally treated myself. Fantastic prompt delivery and beautifully packaged with a personal hand written note.. you guys rock! Thank you xx"Michelle L
- Sophie J"Thank you so much for your lovely package. I loved the journal that I purchased for a friend so much that I had to get myself one straight away. The vision board is so much fun and a great way to set life's wonderful goals. What a fantastic product. "
- "Thank-you so much for your wee note. When I received my Gratitude Journal it couldn't have been at a more perfect time; I was sent to hospital this week unexpectedly and had to have surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy, when I woke from surgery my husband had brought the journal in to me as it had just arrived that day. Straight away I wrote my first entry in the journal as I had a lot to be thankful for following surgery. It has really helped me stay positive in these last few days, so a huge thank-you!! Keep up the great work and all the best with your company :)"Sophie B
- "I have a journal and my 2 children over 8 have a journal each. Beautiful, well crafted, cleverly written hardcover journals. We are on day 4 now and both kids emerge from their bedrooms every morning to do their page before breakfast. It's now my favourite time of the day. We sit together and put positive thought onto the table. It's peaceful and a moment I cherish. Already we are delving deeper into daily gratitude than I thought possible. Thank you Bex and Nicky xx"Sarah W
Gratitude brings people together by fostering connection on a much wider scale, helping both students and schools to thrive.
We believe the benefits of gratitude can spread beyond students to teachers, family members and their community.
Teaching children from a young age to look for the good in each day, is teaching them a way to be happy no matter the situation they may be in.
Children’s ability to think gratefully can be strengthened in as little as two days and has long lasting effects where they are happier, kinder, and more helpful.*
Research has shown that practising gratitude makes you feel good, it makes you more resilient, makes you more generous and more compassionate.
It helps you feel less isolated and lonely, boosts your immune system and helps strengthen your personal relationships, as well as improving sleep.¹
Children who practice gratitude show increased positive emotions and optimism, decreased negative emotions and physical symptoms, and feel more connected and satisfied with school, family, friends and themselves.²
There is also evidence that teens who practice gratitude are more engaged in their schoolwork and hobbies, have higher grades, and are less envious, depressed, and materialistic.³
Not convinced? More science here