Portland School in Whangarei are using AwesoME Inc® guided journals as part of their daily programme and have seen many positive side effects for their students.
“It has been heart warming for me to see the evolution of the things they identify. It started with friends and school. Now they are saying things like, my mum making my bed and cleaning my clothes, my warm home and loving family.”
Senior Class Teacher, Portland School
This could be your school… and it won’t cost an arm and a leg.
We want to help.
Our kids are experiencing ANXIETY, ANGER, SELF-ESTEEM ISSUES and other BIG EMOTIONS they don’t know how to deal with.
Parents and teachers are more aware than ever of the importance of emotional wellbeing and raising resilient kids.
As a parent of two pre-teen boys, and a family history of mental illness, I wanted to create a product to help my kids learn the essential skills to deal with life’s ups and downs.
A simple but powerful solution!
The Resilient ME® Gratitude Journal for Kids — a before-crisis guided journal that is full of tools and fun activities designed to improve mental fitness and wellbeing.
“This should be funded into the hands of every primary school aged child in New Zealand.”
“Teaching kids how to look after their mental health and about resilience is as important as teaching them how to swim, or read and write.”
Stay focused. Keep Calm. Be positive.
Our guided journals help kids to understand that the big feelings they are having are normal, and teaches them simple ways to build resilience, stay calm and maintain a positive attitude.
Whilst the children might not entirely comprehend the tools, all based on the latest psychological research, they work! Presented in a fun and engaging way to create essential healthy habits, build meaningful connections and facilitate behaviour change to improve mental fitness. We can’t always stop our kids facing challenges but we can teach them the skills so these challenges don’t break them.
“Always use your journals as examples in my work.
Best I’ve ever come across.”
DR EMMA WOODWARD
The Child Psychology Service
By incorporating AwesoME Inc gratitude and resilience journals into your school programmes you are giving your students a jump start to more purposeful engagement in life, at a crucial time in their development, while also serving your educational mission to help your students flourish.
Every child deserves to have the best shot at developing a strong mindset to face life’s challenges. They really are capable of extraordinary things and childhood is the perfect time to develop resilience.
Our kids and teen journals are used by schools in NZ and Australia as part of existing programmes, with added workshops included or as gifts for leavers. Ask us about customisation.
“It actually makes me quite emotional because I think how resources like this could’ve helped me so much as a child. You should be super proud of the things you are doing to help our kids.”
AIMEE – Parent
“My Juniors love them!”
“It’s part of our bigger push for well-being.”
MELANIE – Teacher
Rangi Ruru Girls School
“I am stoked.”
“This is so powerful and a great tool to help raise resilient children. I wish it was something every student in NZ schools had too. Positive kids equal motivated kids!”
BECKY – Parent
Some Schools & Businesses We've Worked With
What Our Customers Say
- "I recently received one of these fabulous journals and a set of inspirational postcards from what I'm now certain is the best husband in the world. This year my main goal is to achieve happiness in even the most anxiety-filled moments and internal-battles which made it a bittersweet gift, considering he actually remembered! (he has sports on the brain pretty much 24/7 which meant I was super impressed).The packaging was on point and my products were beautifully gift wrapped for the occasion which made it an experience to open (I'm a sucker for beautiful wrapping). Keep on making the difference you both do Bex and Nicky, I can't wait to see your book hit the shelves and my front porch."Odette
- "This is me all over! Grateful for all the small and big things life has to offer. My gratitude journal is amazing and helps me record everything I think so I can come back to it. Awesome work ladies xxxx"Veronica K
- "I recently purchased two of the Resilient ME Gratitude Journals for my children and they are absolutely brilliant!! My daughter struggles a lot with empathy and thinking of others so when I saw these advertised on facebook I thought it was worth a try. As soon as they arrived the kids were both doing the first wee activities and they love doing them every night and as a parent I really enjoy reading what they have written or where they are sitting on the happiness scale. Next step is to purchase one for myself to encourage a bit of positivity. Thank you so much ."Melissa Edge
- "Am loving my gratitude journal!!!! Got one for myself & one for my daughter. It is so refreshing to write down the things that I am thankful & grateful for daily (well almost daily!) & start each day with a positive outlook, it is working well with my young daughter too - life is too short to be consistently miserable & these journals are a positive & reflective tool in our lives. Thanks so much to Bex & Nicky for creating them xxx"Theresa C
- "Thank you very much for my gratitude journal. From a wee boy who will really benefit from showing his gratitude each day."Nadia
- "Thank you Bex and Nicky! I ordered the journals yesterday and they have already arrived. They are very cool!"Svetlana
Gratitude brings people together by fostering connection on a much wider scale, helping both students and schools to thrive.
We believe the benefits of gratitude can spread beyond students to teachers, family members and their community.
Teaching children from a young age to look for the good in each day, is teaching them a way to be happy no matter the situation they may be in.
Children’s ability to think gratefully can be strengthened in as little as two days and has long lasting effects where they are happier, kinder, and more helpful.*
Research has shown that practising gratitude makes you feel good, it makes you more resilient, makes you more generous and more compassionate.
It helps you feel less isolated and lonely, boosts your immune system and helps strengthen your personal relationships, as well as improving sleep.¹
Children who practice gratitude show increased positive emotions and optimism, decreased negative emotions and physical symptoms, and feel more connected and satisfied with school, family, friends and themselves.²
There is also evidence that teens who practice gratitude are more engaged in their schoolwork and hobbies, have higher grades, and are less envious, depressed, and materialistic.³
Not convinced? More science here