Portland School in Whangarei are using AwesoME Inc® guided journals as part of their daily programme and have seen many positive side effects for their students.
“It has been heart warming for me to see the evolution of the things they identify. It started with friends and school. Now they are saying things like, my mum making my bed and cleaning my clothes, my warm home and loving family.”
Senior Class Teacher, Portland School
This could be your school… and it won’t cost an arm and a leg.
We want to help.
Our kids are experiencing ANXIETY, ANGER, SELF-ESTEEM ISSUES and other BIG EMOTIONS they don’t know how to deal with.
Parents and teachers are more aware than ever of the importance of emotional wellbeing and raising resilient kids.
As a parent of two pre-teen boys, and a family history of mental illness, I wanted to create a product to help my kids learn the essential skills to deal with life’s ups and downs.
A simple but powerful solution!
The Resilient ME® Gratitude Journal for Kids — a before-crisis guided journal that is full of tools and fun activities designed to improve mental fitness and wellbeing.
Ask us about customising wellbeing journals with YOUR SCHOOL brand.
Gratitude and resilience journals for kids (ages 5-12) and teens (13+).
Pictured – ‘Dare to Dream’ custom designed journal for Waihi School in South Canterbury.
“This should be funded into the hands of every primary school aged child in New Zealand.”
“Teaching kids how to look after their mental health and about resilience is as important as teaching them how to swim, or read and write.”
Stay focused. Keep Calm. Be positive.
Our guided journals help kids to understand that the big feelings they are having are normal, and teaches them simple ways to build resilience, stay calm and maintain a positive attitude.
Whilst the children might not entirely comprehend the tools, all based on the latest psychological research, they work! Presented in a fun and engaging way to create essential healthy habits, build meaningful connections and facilitate behaviour change to improve mental fitness. We can’t always stop our kids facing challenges but we can teach them the skills so these challenges don’t break them.
“Always use your journals as examples in my work.
Best I’ve ever come across.”
DR EMMA WOODWARD
The Child Psychology Service
By incorporating AwesoME Inc gratitude and resilience journals into your school programmes you are giving your students a jump start to more purposeful engagement in life, at a crucial time in their development, while also serving your educational mission to help your students flourish.
Every child deserves to have the best shot at developing a strong mindset to face life’s challenges. They really are capable of extraordinary things and childhood is the perfect time to develop resilience.
Our kids and teen journals are used by schools in NZ and Australia as part of existing programmes, with added workshops included or as gifts for leavers. Ask us about customisation.
“It actually makes me quite emotional because I think how resources like this could’ve helped me so much as a child. You should be super proud of the things you are doing to help our kids.”
AIMEE – Parent
“My Juniors love them!”
“It’s part of our bigger push for well-being.”
MELANIE – Teacher
Rangi Ruru Girls School
“I am stoked.”
“This is so powerful and a great tool to help raise resilient children. I wish it was something every student in NZ schools had too. Positive kids equal motivated kids!”
BECKY – Parent
Some Schools & Organisations We've Worked With
AwesoME Inc + Kindo have joined together to offer New Zealand school families special school pricing on resilience and wellbeing journals for children, teens and adults.
If you are a Kindo school find out more about their fundraising options HERE.
What Our Customers Say
- "Massive thank you to AwesoME Inc for the great quick service right down to your personal touch on the shipping note, highly recommend to everyone not to mention my new journal is amazing I can't wait to start writing in it !!!"Sharee
- "Thank you very much for my gratitude journal. From a wee boy who will really benefit from showing his gratitude each day."Nadia
- "The service was so fast and so personal replying to all my emails. Journal arrived today. Its beautiful with really great quality. Can not wait to start my journey with my journal"Emma G
- "Recently purchased some gratitude journals as appreciation gifts, these were really well received. Thrilled with the quality and thought that has gone into this product - glad I got an extra one for me!"Julie Keegan
- "You guys have absolutely made my day! More like my year lol! Thanks so very much. Adore my "I am enough" gratitude journal. Has everything I follow & love in it including some sweet colouring in. I love journals. But I'm all honesty "this is the most beautifully stunning one I've ever had" Can't stop looking at it lol. Also the wee personal touches & the lovely wrapping is just delightful. I've had a horrible few years & just now starting to recover & think of myself. This is the ultimate way to do just that. So extremely grateful xoxo"Zena
- "I recently brought one of your journals for my sons 10th birthday. I did hum and har about buying him one but I am soooo happy I did. He has moments of anger and gets really down on himself very quickly. We read the intro together and he has looked forward to recording his days since. You guys have an AMAZING product and I look forward to buying my other children one each also!!!!"Tracey Tinirau Whitiora
Gratitude brings people together by fostering connection on a much wider scale, helping both students and schools to thrive.
We believe the benefits of gratitude can spread beyond students to teachers, family members and their community.
Teaching children from a young age to look for the good in each day, is teaching them a way to be happy no matter the situation they may be in.
Children’s ability to think gratefully can be strengthened in as little as two days and has long lasting effects where they are happier, kinder, and more helpful.*
Research has shown that practising gratitude makes you feel good, it makes you more resilient, makes you more generous and more compassionate.
It helps you feel less isolated and lonely, boosts your immune system and helps strengthen your personal relationships, as well as improving sleep.¹
Children who practice gratitude show increased positive emotions and optimism, decreased negative emotions and physical symptoms, and feel more connected and satisfied with school, family, friends and themselves.²
There is also evidence that teens who practice gratitude are more engaged in their schoolwork and hobbies, have higher grades, and are less envious, depressed, and materialistic.³
Not convinced? More science here